Sunday, December 20, 2015

My landscape photography year 2015

On my landscape photography projects I was shooting digital using my Nikon cameras as well as film using my Hasselblad 500 c/m.

Mt. Rigi towards Mt. Pilatus, Nikon D4
Two times I went to mount Rigi in central Switzerland for beautiful landscape
photography.

Especially in winter time - my first trip was in February - this was an interesting experience. The landscape down in the valleys and around the lake Lucerne were covered in fog, while the snow covered peaks of the Swiss Alps were in brightest sunlight.
Mt. Rigi, Hasselblad 500 c/m

The beauty is not only in the breathtaking landscape - which from Mt. Rigi almost covers a 360° view of entire Switzerland - but also in the details. Details such as the snow structures formed by wind and temperature, or the trees covered with frosting made out of snow.

From Rigi Kaltbad, Nikon D4
I went back to Mt. Rigi in autumn. A season of the year where weather conditions usually offer a very clear atmosphere.
I got some very nice shots of the surrounding mountains just after sunset.

Lake Lucerne from Rigi, Nikon D4
On the second day the sky was covered and I got a dramatic picture of Lake Lucerne with Mt. Pilatus in the middle.






Lavender fields, Provence, Nikon D4

As reported earlier (post August 16) we made a short trip to shoot the lavender field landscapes in the Provence, south of France.
This was not only visually but also for the sense of smell a breathtaking experience.
To experience landscapes covered with lavender just shortly before harvest I would not like to miss. The various sensations I will retain for a long time in my memory.
The gallery slideshow below shows some of my photographs from that trip taken on film.

2015 July - Lavender fields - Images by Andreas Mueller

Andalusian landscape, Nikon D800
I made some more trips for landscape photography in 2015 among these a trip to Andalusia.
If you ever want to experience scenic landscapes with olive plantations all around until the horizon then go to Andalusia.
Olivera, Spain, Nikon D800

The pictures here are from a September trip. However, the landscape looks completely different during other seasons. For example in spring everything happens to be green while in autumn the landscape resembles more a desert.


Swiss Alps from the Black Forest by Andreas Müller on 500px.com
Swiss Alps from Black Forest, Nikon D4
Swiss Alps from Jura, Nikon D4
A last series of landscape images I produced this year was around the Swiss Alps from a distance. Some of these images were shot from places in the Jura overlooking the Swiss midland plateau, others were taken from the southern Black Forest in Germany.

"Life is like a landscape. You live in the midst of it but can describe it only from the vantage point of distance." -- Charles Lindbergh


No comments: