Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Cross processing film

In an earlier post I reported on experimental film I just bought. Among the selection of film there was the Rollei Crossbird ISO 200 film which is a slide film (standard E-6 process) which however is famous for cross processing in C-41 negative process.

My motivation to buy this film was to do something experimental. Shooting sceneries with bright colors, good contrast, and plenty of detail, and then process the film in C-41. It is an experiment with - at least to me - unpredictable outcome. I am wondering if I can get that typical greenish color spectrum for that film.

Being all excited about this experiment I was searching for information on cross processing slide film. - What is cross processing (x-pro)?

Visit the crossprocessing.info site where the technological background is explained.

Here a gallery with all cross processed photographs using different film: link

I am still waiting for the right moment to expose my Rollei Crossbird film. 

No comments: