Saturday, June 11, 2016

Range finder film camera

15 years after shooting my last film pictures - film was the way I got into film photography - I rediscovered film when my father brought me a series of very old cameras he found somewhere.

I gave the Ilford Sportsman, a camera from 1958, a try. In my cupboard I could find a 10 year old 35mm Kodak film cartridge which I did not know how good it still would be.

Even tough the camera had some mechanical issues the results were quite impressive.

 Here a couple of images which were the first results from this 10 years old not correctly stored film and the camera which was not used for probably more than 30 years.


 The results are quite impressive. Since everything is manual there are a couple of challenges and one has to understand about depth of field, exposure, and focusing.

Visit the galleries on my website to see some of my best results using different film.


 The proof that this camera can take really good pictures can be viewed at at:
2014 JUNE - KODAK 200 ASA


No comments: