Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Nikon D800 - Underwater Videography

Since a couple of years I am using a Nikon D800 camera in a Hugyfot housing for my underwater photography. So far I focused mainly on still images.

See the slideshow gallery below for some underwater macro photography from the Lembeh Strait, North-Sulawesi, Indonesia.

A more diverse collection of my work can be found in the underwater photography archive on my website www.andreasrmueller.com.


Lembeh Strait 2013 - Images by Andreas Mueller

Besides the excellent performance of the Nikon D800 camera for still photography, the camera has very good reputation if used in videography. I recorded once some short video sequences underwater. from a shallow dive at Middle Reef in Soma Bay, Egypt. And the result is very nice for an available light sequence and first try.


I do not know how often the Nikon D800 is used in underwater videography. Some other a little bit longer examples by videographer Rick Scott I found on YouTube:




No comments: